We partner with foundations and organisations that have a direct impact on people’s lives. We understand that social change takes time and is not a linear process. We believe that we can achieve social change by supporting broad, professional, holistic and innovative approaches that tackle issues at the root.
To this end, most of our grant-making includes support for strategies and approaches that address challenges at community level. We also contribute to strengthening or building organisational capacity. We provide funding to both large and grassroots organisations.
Our funding principles
We support organisations that:
- Work to solve family violence by providing shelters for families; and preventing stalking and violence.
- Empower women by creating jobs and financial self-sufficiency; and assisting victims of trafficking and sex-workers.
- Help vulnerable and homeless people, as well as those who are at risk of homelessness, by providing direct support (e.g., food and dental care); and implementing programmes that prevent homelessness
- Assist migrants to access their rights, including healthcare and housing.
- Work in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by addressing poverty and inequality; strengthening peace efforts, justice and strong institutions; and supporting efforts to promote health, wellbeing and education.
You can download our funding application form for Oak Foundation Denmark here.
Where we fund
Oak Foundation Denmark supports projects in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.