IT Business Partner
Deadline for application: 22 May 2022
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting to: Head of IT
About Oak Foundation:
Oak Foundation (www.oakfnd.org) commits its resources to address issues of global social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. With offices in Europe, Africa and North America, Oak Foundation makes grants to organisations located in approximately 40 countries worldwide.
About the Information Technology Team
The IT Team at Oak is a team of dedicated professionals that collaborate as a single entity in which each team member focuses on his/her own specialty and expertise. We are gearing the organisation towards a cloud-based stack and focus our effort on (business) functionality and security. The aim is to enable Oak to become a truly digital organisation, in which enterprise architecture is central to our approach.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of IT, the IT Business Partner will provide substantive specialist support to implement the overall IT strategy.
The IT Business Partner will serve as a primary link between the IT team and business/departments, playing a crucial role in the modernisation, process optimisation, advanced automation and digitisation of the organisation. The purpose of this activity is to drive process maturity and capture business requirements on continuous basis with agility.
Under the strategic direction and in consultation with the Head of IT, the main responsibilities include:
Business Analysis (& Development) 40%
- Establish, develop and maintain standardisation for Oak’s business/functional analysis activities, sustain these towards organisation-wide process maturity;
- Oversee business and functional analysis activities within the scope of various projects, and ensure correct application of analysis methodologies by colleagues and eventual contracted parties;
Portfolio & Project Management 25%
- Establish, develop and maintain standardisation with Oak’s project management (PM) methodology, including change management, (project-related) communications and alignmentwith all stakeholders within the organisation;
- Oversee and ensure the correct application of Oak PM methodologies by colleagues and eventual contracted parties;
- Act as a guide and coach for the project managers of the various projects;
- Oversee the portfolio of (IT) projects for the organisation and related processes, based on the inputs of various project managers;
Relationship Management & Communication 25%
- Establish, develop and maintain a continuous alignment process between Oak’s various programmes, functions and other entities;
- Establish, develop and maintain productive relationships with the various (internal and external) customers and ensure, with the Head of IT, a robust communication strategy accordingly;
- Keep abreast of evolutions andinnovations in your functional areas: business partnership, portfolio/project management, business/functional/technical analysis, co-creation, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post secondary education degree in Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Management, Electronic Engineering, Multimedia Technology, …) or (Public) Management, Business/Public Administration;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience as a business partner or similar role (e.g. Business/Functional/Technical Analyst, IT Project Manager, Portfolio Manager …) ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Qualifications or demonstrable work experience in the following areas:
– business/functional/technical analysis;
– portfolio/program/project/product management
– change management
- Experience in some/all of the following areas:
– using a wide range of IT systems (typically SaaS) and of providing consultancy and support;
– producing business requirements, business cases and high-quality documentation (business, functional, process & product/prototype design);
– conducting impact assessments for IT change requests and making suitable recommendations;
– using business process improvement techniques;
– working in an agile environment and implementing agile ways of working;
- Proven ability to:
– effectively problem solve in a logical and structured manner;
– manage stakeholders at all levels, internally/ externally and committed to delivering a high level of customer service;
– explain technical issues clearly and simply to a non-technical audience;
– guide and coach other professionals in contributing to the overarching success;
- A commitment to continuous learning and acquiring new skills;
- Knowledge of / exposure to Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce highly desirable;
- Capable of conceptual thinking while not afraid to get hands-on;
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English (other languages are an asset);
- A commitment to Oak’s organisational
- Applicants must have EU/Swiss citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland.
How to apply
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a covering letter here. Please state “IT Business Partner” in the subject line of your email. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood our job applicant’s data privacy notice.
Oak Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, as detailed in our child safeguarding policy. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Please note that the successful candidate will undergo reference checks and be required to provide a police record prior to starting employment.