Deadline for application: 2 October 2022
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
Type of contract: Full-time permanent
Starting date: ASAP
About Oak Foundation:
Oak Foundation (www.oakfnd.org) commits its resources to address issues of global, social, and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. With offices in Europe, Africa and North America, Oak Foundation makes grants to organisations located in approximately 40 countries worldwide.
Purpose of role
Oak Foundation is currently recruiting a HR Generalist to join the HR team based in Geneva. The position sits within the Administration team which encompasses several support functions, including Finance, IT, Grant Management, and Human Resources. The support function ensures that Oak’s staff worldwide are equipped for the extraordinary opportunity at hand – to contribute to a more just and sustainable world.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned HR professional to embrace a wide spectrum of HR activities and be part of a small HR team. The HR team in Geneva support Oak staff worldwide, currently around 100 staff.
Under the high-level supervision of the Head of Human Resources, the main responsibilities are the following:
- Employee administration:
- collaborate with the payroll company in Geneva to handle the monthly payroll and perform regular checks;
- lead the request and renewal of work permits for Geneva staff;
- handle accident or illness cases for staff in Geneva, with the insurance company and the broker;
- handle other specific cases for staff during the employee lifecycle (e.g. pension fund queries, retirement, or maternity leave);
- ensure electronic and paper personnel files are kept up-to-date;
- draft employment contracts and work certificates, as well as HR consultants agreement letters;
- manage relocation processes of new staff;
- prepare the annual salary letters for all staff; and
- manage public holiday calendars in all countries.
- Cezanne (HRIS) support and maintenance:
- act as the point of contact for Cezanne queries for staff and management;
- manage and implement changes and new processes, in liaison with Cezanne’s support team;
- offer training to staff and management;
- gather and analyse data for useful HR metrics;
- ensure personnel files and data are kept up-to-date; and
- manage the smooth onboarding/off-boarding of Oak staff.
- HR policies:
- support the development of new or revision of HR policies and update of the Staff Handbook and the HR section of Oak Hub.
- HR projects and core people processes:
- manage tasks related to other core people processes and manage projects as requested (e.g., finding a new HRIS system, induction process, salary reviews, salary benchmarking surveys, legal employment reports, etc);
- Act as the point of contact for Oak’s global travel insurance policy and provider;
- Act as the point of contact for Oak Geneva staff’s business credit cards (ordering and canceling cards, blocking and unblocking cards, problem solving, etc.);
- Act as deputy designated officer (safeguarding) and contribute to changes in policy and training;
- Advise staff or management on HR related queries;
- Act as the backup for the HR Recruitment Officer and/or Head of Human Resources for assigned activities; and
- Conduct any other projects or tasks as requested by the Head of Human Resources or the Director of Administration.
- University degree; Swiss Human Resources education is highly preferred (Certificat/Brevet Fédéral en Ressources Humaines).
- At least five years’ experience in a comparable role (experience with not-for-profit organisations is a plus).
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and social security in Switzerland.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion:
- Proven experience and comfort level with HRIS systems.
- Strong and diplomatic communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, problem solving skills and resourceful.
- Results-oriented, able and prompt to anticipate needs, responsive.
- Strong attention to detail and at ease working with numbers.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Team player and enjoy working with multi-cultural teams across the globe.
- A good sense of humour, positive attitude, committed to continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- French mother tongue/proficiency in French, and fluency in English.
- Swiss/EU citizen or valid work permit for Switzerland.
Committed to Oak’s organisational values.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a compelling covering letter to MarineMoncozet@MichaelPage.ch no later than 2 October 2022. Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood Oak’s job applicant’s data privacy notice.
Oak Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, as detailed in our child safeguarding policy. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo reference checks and be required to provide a police record prior to starting employment.