We seek innovative solutions that improve the lives
of socially vulnerable and marginalised groups.
You are here:
OAK FOUNDATION DENMARK /
© Fonden for Socialt Ansvar
We need communities that work for everyone, where the roadmap to opportunity and systems that protect people are clear and available to all. Therefore, we provide support to organisations in Denmark that provide innovative solutions to improve the lives of socially vulnerable and marginalised groups at the community level. As well as supporting not-for-profit organisations in Denmark, we also support organisations in Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
In 2018 Oak Foundation Denmark made 24 grants totalling USD 5.57 million.
We partner with foundations and organisations that have a direct impact on people’s lives. We understand that social change takes time and is not a linear process. We believe that we can achieve social change by supporting broad, professional, holistic and innovative approaches that tackle issues at the root.
To this end, most of our grant-making includes support for strategies and approaches that address challenges at community level. We also contribute to strengthening or building organisational capacity. We provide funding to both large and grassroots organisations.
OUR FUNDING PRINCIPLES
WHERE WE FUND
We support organisations that:
(1) work to solve family violence by: providing shelters for families; and preventing stalking and violence
(2) empower women by: creating jobs and financial self-sufficiency; and assisting victims of trafficking and sex-workers
(3) help vulnerable and homeless people, as well as those who are at risk of homelessness, by: providing direct support (e.g., food and dental care); and implementing programmes that prevent homelessness
(4) assist migrants to access their rights, including healthcare and housing
(5) work in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals by: addressing poverty and inequality; strengthening peace efforts, justice and strong institutions; and supporting efforts to promote health, wellbeing and education.
Oak Foundation Denmark supports projects in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
OUR GRANT DATABASE
View and search our grants here.
DISCOVER OUR GRANTEE STORIES
MEET OUR TEAM
Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
Oak Foundation Denmark
Oak Foundation commits its resources to address issues of global, social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. With offices in Europe, Africa, India and North America, we make grants to organisations in approximately 40 countries worldwide.